The faucet can quickly generate any number of FAU tokens directly from a web interface. These tokens are then available for developers to test smart contract applications and any other token transfer functionality.
Network wallet address loaded with enough native currency (xDai) to cover the transaction.
1) Go to https://erc20faucet.com/. Check that your web3 wallet (ie NiftyWallet) is connected to the xDai network. If you change this after step 3, you will need to reconnect.
2) Click Connect.
3) Select Metamask
4) Once selected, the web interface will populate with your Address, Network and Balance information.
1) Select the Amount of tokens you would like to create.
2) Click the Mint Free Tokens button.
5) Your web3 wallet interface should open. Check the transaction and click Submit to confirm. You will see a Success message if the transaction is successful.
6) The tokens have been minted on your address! To view them, you will need to add the Token Address to your wallet.
A) Copy the Token Address, open your NiftyWallet, and click Add Token in the Tokens tab.
B) Select the Custom tab, and paste in the Token Address from the website. The Token Symbol and Decimals should populate automatically. Click Add.
C) You should see your new FAU balance in the wallet.
This video shows the steps above using the POA network as a demo and a previous version of the ERC20 Token Faucet. Steps are identical, the only difference is the wallet must be connected to the xDai Network.