1) Go to https://bridge.xdaichain.com/. Connect your web3 wallet (MetaMask, Nifty Wallet) to the xDai Chain. Once connected, you will see your address populated in the header, and your xDai and Dai balance displayed on the page.
Note: If you change the dropdown on the page (xDai Chain) but not in MetaMask, the interface will shift but your wallet will not auto-connect to the chain. Switching chains in MM will automatically shift the interface.
2) Enter the amount of xDai you would like to transfer to Dai, and click the Transfer button. Note the minimum amount is 10 xDai.
3) A confirmation modal will appear. Click Continue.
4) The web3 wallet window will open with transaction details. Click Submit or Confirm (depending on wallet) to process the transaction.
5) Wait for the transaction on xDai to process.
6) You will see a modal to switch networks in your MetaMask (or other web3) to the Ethereum Network.
7) Press the Claim button.
8) Confirm the transaction in MetaMask. You will need some ETH to confirm and complete the transaction.
9) Wait for confirmations from validators on Mainnet. Once this is complete, you should see the Success message. xDai has been transferred to Dai and is available for use on the Ethereum mainnet.
9) Click the transaction hex to view your transaction in Etherscan.