It is possible to move assets using a wallet rather than through the UI. This is especially useful if you want to transfer SAI to xDai, as the Bridge UI only supports DAI. This method is supported by all wallets that support ERC20 transfers (e.g. NiftyWallet , MyEtherWallet.com, TrustWallet, MetaMask). Here we use NiftyWallet.
Token addresses for reference:
TokenBridge addresses for reference (where you send the asset to transfer)
Mainnet TokenBridge (Dai/Sai -> xDai):
xDai TokenBridge (xDai -> Dai):
1) Connect to the Ethereum Mainnet and locate either your SAI (depending on wallet, this may still be called DAI) or DAI in your webwallet.
2) Click Send
3) Enter in the following:
TokenBridge Address as the recipient:
Amount to Send
4) Submit the transaction
4) Wait for the relay confirmation from the bridge validators. This may take several minutes.
5) Set your wallet to the xDai chain and check your balance.
1) Connect to the xDai chain. Send xDai to the TokenBridge address
2) Wait for the transaction confirmation in the xDai chain (5 seconds).
3) Wait for relay confirmation by the bridge validators (depends on number of validators and the ETH Mainnet network throughput)
4) Switch to the mainnet and check your balance on the ETH Mainnet.